Since I became an Indie Girl (an independent publisher) a few weeks ago, I realized how important it is to have book reviewers and other authors, friends, and writers watching my back, spreading the word about my novel. It’s not easy for me to do it on my own because tooting my horn doesn’t feel right.
So here’s my idea: I need influencers. People who believe in my novel. People who will spread the news about the book. People who are advocates for father’s right, children’s rights, and CASA (Court appointed special advocate). The theme of the novel is: “Child abuse casts a shadow the length of a lifetime,” Herbert Ward. The story is fiction, but it’s based on real-life issues.
What I’m looking for in teammates
- A desire to help a newbie author
- A desire to read a suspense novel
- Someone who has a Twitter account (not a must-have)
- Someone who has a FB account (not a must-have)
- A love for freebies
What do you get for joining the team?
- A FREE eBook ARC (advanced reader copy) of Cache a Predator. (I can’t expect you to be on my team if you don’t know what you’re rooting for.)
- A FREE download of the PITCH PAL, a short eBook that teaches how to hone your novel into a one-sentence pitch for agents, publishers, PR events, Good Reads, dinner parties, speaking engagements, etc.
What if you read Cache a Predator and don’t like it and don’t want to be a part of my team?
No sweat, I’ll cry a little, but I’ll get over it. I don’t want you to be a part of a team that you can’t support, but I hope you’ll join. If you read the book and decide not to be on my team the PITCH PAL will still be FREE. All you have to do is sign up at the tool bar on the side of this page.
What will your role be as a team member?
- Share the novel’s Amazon link at your FB page. (http://amzn.to/13sm2xK)
- Write a review at Good Reads or Amazon
- Tweet about the novel or your review
- Tell a friend
- Recommend it
How to join
- Leave me a comment below saying, “Pick Me” with your FB or Twitter address. (Example: @MWeidenbenner1)
- If you’re comfortable leaving your email address leave it like I do here: MWEIDENBENNER(at)COMCAST(dot)NET
- If you’d prefer not to leave your email address send me a private email.
- If you sign up for the PITCH PAL* at the side toolbar I will automatically get your email address, but you still need to comment if you want to be on my team.
- For now, I’m limiting this to the first 50 members because I’m not sure what the response will be.
*The PITCH PAL is in a PDF format. If you’d like a DOC of a DOCX please email me privately at MWEIDENBENNER(at)comcast(dot)net or leave me a note in the comment section below.
Here’s what a few readers said about the book. (And no, I didn’t pay them, give them chocolate, or offer them the PITCH PAL. Although they probably wish I would.)
Deborah Rutkowski said, “Cache a Predator” shows how predators can slip through the system and cause fear that is unimaginable to parents, family, and the government.”
Chloe Joyce said, “I couldn’t put the book down. It was non-stop action, a lovable main character and an original plot.”
Jamie Gibson said, “I wanted to crawl in this book and be there to show my support. I cried, laughed, and got angry.”
“M. Weidenbenner splashes the emotion of one father’s love into the sea of a gripping tale that will leave readers locking their doors and pedophiles sleeping with their eyes open.”
Lisa Buske said, “I don’t typically read books with body parts being cut off, but I do like a good suspense and mystery. Michelle’s “Cache a Predator” is comparable to a Dee Henderson story. Her words weave the lives of this book’s characters together in such a way that when you reach the last eighty pages you find yourself hoping and praying the predator isn’t who you think it is.”
Thank you for reading this post, and I hope you’ll join my team! I’d be grateful!
I’m currently compiling a list of bloggers who love to review books and interview authors. If you’re one of those, please leave me your name and blog address. If you’re an author looking for either of these, watch for my list soon!